Personal information, without limitation:
- Certain information, as stated at clause 4.1 below, collected on registration via the website
- Optional information that you voluntarily provide to us via our website and/or social media pages
- Personal and descriptive information provided to us via the various contact points during our interaction (calls, WhatsApp communications, virtual calls and any contact points you may experience with us)
- Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person
- Permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically
- Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute Personal Information subject to protection under this policy.
- Acceptance of terms
By using the website, you to consent to providing the Personal Information. This Personal Information is required in order to carry out the activities of Paradise Africa.
- On registration
Once you register on our website or upload any information and/or content, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with Personal Information.
This Personal Information will include:
- Name, surname, identity number, biographical information;
- Residential address, Postal address, email address, telephone number, postal code;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and recommendations;
- Any other information generally considered Personal Information provided above but not stated above subject to applicable exclusions.
- Collection on use
You may be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis.
- Optional details
You may also provide additional information on a voluntary basis. This includes content or product that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, register and subscribe for certain additional activities, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
- Collection from browser
When you access our website, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server) to your computer to collect certain usage information. We use session cookies (which disappear after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain after you close your browser which can be removed manually) and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the website. We use information gathered by cookies to improve the website.
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programmes or deliver viruses to your computer and/or device. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if preferred.
- Web beacons
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your Personal Information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
- Log Files
Our website follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- Third party tracking tools
You may choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
- Other Sites
- Purpose for collection
We may use any Personal Information and optional and/or voluntary information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such optional information. We may use your information for the purposes described in 4.4 and 4.5 above and to:
- Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website.
- Monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed.
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
- On registration
- Consent to collection
- In accordance with applicable law
- At the time you provide us with any registration and optional information.
- Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information as necessary for the following:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To manage our relationship with you, which includes sending administrative information to you relating to our activities, events, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey;
- To administer and protect our business, prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of the website, and to ensure the security of our IT systems,’
- architecture and networks (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, support and hosting of data); and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or any other third parties.
- If you so elect by means of subscription, to provide you with marketing material and information we believe will be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving such marketing material by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the marketing material. Alternatively, you can send us an email requesting we unsubscribe you. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding the website and/or our activities and to respond to your requests and/or queries
- Our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit
- If applicable, credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- any other third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law. In some instances, your consent may be obtained.
If you contact us regarding your experience with our activities, we may disclose your Personal Information as required of by law or governmental audit.
Where required or requested by such regulator in accordance with the law.
- Law enforcement
We may disclose Personal Information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order
- to comply with any law
- To protect the safety of any individual or the general public
- General suspicion of fraud or misuse of our website
- No selling
- Marketing purposes
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the user population in general terms) about the Personal Information to advertisers or business partners for purposes of carrying out our activities and/or in terms of clause 6 above.
- Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity , we may assign our rights to the Personal Information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your Personal Information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your Personal Information by contacting our information Officer on the email address provided above.
We may need to disclose Personal Information to our employees, agents, consultants, contractors and/or any third party who require the Personal Information to do their jobs in carrying out our activities.
All employees, agents, consultants, contractors and/or any third parties are required to comply with all data protection requirements in law or otherwise.
- Security of Personal Information
Paradise Africa has a number of security measures in place, such as firewalls and data encryption, to protect your Personal Information once successfully transmitted to our systems and facilities. However, when transmitting Personal Information over the internet or any other electronic medium, please bear in mind that no transmission can ever be guaranteed secure. Therefore, please note that Paradise Africa cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information that you transfer over the internet and/or electronically to Paradise Africa.
We authorize access to Personal Information only for those employees, agents, contractors and consultants who require access it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
- Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the Personal Information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes mentioned in clause 4.7. From time to time we may request you to update your Personal Information on the website. You are able to review or update any Personal Information that we hold on you by emailing us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your Personal Information, we do take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your Personal Information.
- Retention of Personal Information
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your Personal Information.
The Retention of Personal Information shall be in accordance with legislation, regulations and/or international best practice.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Transfers of Personal Information
We may transmit or transfer Personal Information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting Personal Information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing and storing your Personal Information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing and storing of Personal Information may be less stringent.
Where we transmit the Personal Information in any other territories and/or jurisdiction, the applicable laws of every territory in which the Personal Information is transferred to and from shall apply which laws you agree to abide by which laws maybe stringent or not.
- Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the Personal Information you have submitted to us, by clicking the menu in any of the pages on our website or by contacting us.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites.
- Enquiries and Contact